This article on How to Refresh Your Bathroom is a reprint from Kohler, just in time for the holiday season, I hope you will enjoy it.
Nothing strikes fear in the hearts of even the most seasoned host like the prospect of having guests for the holidays. You start seeing your home through fresh eyes, and its flaws become magnified. Issues in highly functional rooms like the bathroom, such as a leaky shower head or wobbly toilet seat, start to demand immediate attention.
Relax and take a deep breath. It’s easy to make a few small changes that will spruce up your bathroom considerably, not only making a good impression on your guests, but also pleasing you in the long-term. Here are a few ideas:
Get a seat upgrade.
Toilet seats can run the gamut from practical to luxurious. But even the most basic toilet seat update can add up to better quality of life in your bathroom. Check out these options:
- Put an end to slamming. Quiet-Close™ toilet seats shut slowly and silently.
- No more wobbling. Grip-Tight seats are extra-secure to avoid shifting.
- Make cleaning a breeze. Quick-Attach® and Quick-Release seats™ are easy to install and remove for the really thorough cleaning you want, especially for guests.
- Choose your features. Some seat models combine all of the options above. Compare them to see which one is right for you.
- Get bidet functionality without the fixture. A bidet toilet seat provides hygienic cleansing with water–plus a host of comfort-focused features–for a fraction of the cost.
Browse and buy toilet seats
Swap out your showerhead.
Changing your showerhead is one of the easiest ways to vastly improve the quality of your bathroom–it even gives you a chance to wow your guests. Consider the following:
Say “so long” to your sink faucet.
Let’s face it: You’ve been living with that lackluster, time-warp faucet for long enough. Now’s the time to replace it with a shiny new model that will impress your guests and make you smile every time you use it. Here’s how to get started:
- Determine your type. Find out which faucets will fit your sink by counting its faucet holes. Then check out our How to Shop guide for more info.
- Browse and explore. Select from dozens of styles in a variety of finishes and price points. Filter by installation type to get a perfect match for your sink.
- KOHLER widespread faucets. These models have UltraGlide® valve technology, making them quick to install, leak-free and silky smooth to control.
Replace your tired toilet.
If your toilet is an older model, you could be wasting water.
- WaterSense®-labeled high-efficiency toilets meet strict EPA flushing guidelines, using at least 20 percent less water than 1.6-gallon toilets.
- Some models offer a dual-flush feature, with choices ranging from 0.6 to or 1.6 gallons per flush and the potential for even more savings.
Add polish with accessories.
- Add finishing touches. One of the easiest ways to add sophistication to your bathroom is to simply replace your cabinet hardware and towel holders. Consider glass shelving for a beautiful way to add functionality. Match finishes with your
faucet for a coordinated look.
- Go a step further. Think about adding a new medicine cabinet and lighting to bring your bathroom into a state of high style that will make you proud to show it off to guests.